Véronique Dehant … women are from Mars
1. What is (are) your current job title(s), and what does it (do they) mean?
Head of Operational Direction “Reference System and Planetology” at the Royal Observatory of Belgium (ROB).
2. Why is your job important?
Because science and knowledge are important. Also, we learn a lot, we discover things, we admire results from space missions, … .
3. What led you to that career path?
At first I was attracted by the field of Earth science, then I moved into planetary science.
4. How would you describe your typical work day?
Emails; documents to produce; discussion with other scientists; computations; literature consultation; preparation of articles or presentation at congress.
5. What is the most exciting thing you ever had the chance to do?
Participation in space mission, namely at the moment BepiColombo flying to Mercury, Venus Express on orbit around Venus, and Mars Express on orbit around Mars.
6. What advice would you give to your young self?
Keep tune, have the passion and everything will follow, as science needs you!